10 April 2007
IT Lingo anyone?
2nd day at work... Fuhyooo.... fening2 lalatz member. So many abbreviations to learn. Not to mention the definitions of each!!!

The husband say, "You can do it! You can do it!" YES I CAN!!! This IT scope of mine is tough for someone who has no knowledge of IT before(not a single bit). But i am very greatfull with this company that willingly gives me the opportunity to scale from the very bottom(i really mean bottom like in the very inside of your arse!!!) with the dedicated help of the Sales/IT manager himself.

Patience, perseverance and performance is all i have to describe him. Every minute of his time wasn't spare for answering stupid questions of mine like, "What is ADSL/DSL?" etc.... Even at this moment of mine, i am still trying to figure out what i had just learnt today. 2nd day babe, lagi Honeymoon katakan.

Insight on the first day:

9am - Reach destination (Orang tertentu lum sampai lagi! Sia2 tolak orang sampai nak jatuh kat mrt). Wait... and wait... and wait... haiz...
9.30am - Bagedil nih baru sampai. Showed to my desk and being introduced to the rest of the team members which compromises of Charlie(& The Chocolate Factory)no lah, the Sales Manager, Ling, my another Sales Manager and Larry, the IT Manager.
10am - Settled down. Get all passport(ids, keys, tap card). Break ice with Ling.
10.30am - The ZZzzz Monster almost got to me when Ling was explaining the nature of my scope, company's profile, who do i liaise with at SingTel, who are the agents, authorised dealer/distributor and so on.
11.45am - Got out from the ice breaker and was finally given a real task. To quote prices for our SMEs. Reply correspondence to clients on our services, at the same time introducing myself.
12.20nn - Invited to have a quick lunch with my managers. Members belanja. Konon Welcome Lunch lah. Accepted.
1.15pm - Freshies katakan... Nak cepat balik kerja. Anyways banyak lagi nak kena faham.
2pm onwards till the end of the day, prepare quotations aje. But so far, I AM LOVING IT every bit of the 'WorldWideWeb'.

Today, learn product knowledge. This, i really have to absorb soon or i will make a fool out of myself introducing the product(staggering about it) to all the IT managers in our SMEs .

"Don't worry, i have confidence in you. So put tonnes of it in yourself. Down the road, we will be rewarded. But try not to take too long." the manager said. Very motivating...

So i say to myself once again...

YES I CAN! YES I CAN! YES I CAN
posted by DRooLZ79 @ 10:48 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: DRooLZ79
Home: Singapore
About Me: A hectic person whose time are mostly needed to be where she had to be... my family...
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Your Nonsensical Rants